By submitting this form you are declaring yourself to be a candidate for graduation according to the choice you indicated above. All candidates for graduation must submit. By submitting this form, you acknowledge the following:
- According to my plans as of this date, I intend to graduate between May 1, 2017 and May 5, 2018.
If I marked above that I plan on completing my graduation requirements in May Immersion Term 2017, Summer Term 2017, or August Immersion Term 2017, I understand that I will not be able to walk in graduation until May 2019.
- I will not be included on the graduation candidate list nor be evaluated by the Registrar's Office for graduation status until I submit a degree plan. If I have already submitted a degree plan, filing this application automatically includes me on the list.
- While inclusion on the graduation candidate list does not guarantee that I will graduate from Centenary, I must be on this list in order to graduate from Centenary. A diploma is ordered for every person on the graduation candidate list and only for these persons. In the spring of each year, the faculty and Board of Trustees respectively vote to approve the names of only those candidates on the final version of the list.
- If I delay until my last semester at Centenary submitting a degree plan or filing this application, I will very likely be excluded from the 2017-2018 graduation candidate list.
- If I am an undergraduate, the Director of Registrar's Office or designee will inform me and my adviser(s) of my graduation status through evaluations of my degree plan for the last semester or two of my studies at Centenary. The Director of Registrar's Office or designee will inform us in a timely way of problems that threaten my graduating by my anticipated graduation date. If I am unable to graduate on my anticipated graduation date, the Director of Registrar's Office or designee will inform me immediately upon determining this. I will address in a timely way any problems that are brought to my attention which might threaten my completing any requirements by my anticipated graduation date. I will inform the Director of Registrar's Office or designee of my actions in this regard.
- I am the one responsible for satisfying all of Centenary's graduation requirements, including the TREK. I must request all transfer work be reported in such a way that it can be evaluated before the conclusion of the semester in which I anticipate graduating.
- If I do not complete all graduation requirements (including all financial obligations) before or by May 2, 2018, I cannot march during the commencement ceremonies on May 5, 2018.
- The graduation candidate list is supplied to various campus agents including, but not limited to, the External Relations Office, Bookstore, Student Life Office, Financial Aid Office, Business Office, faculty members, and Board of Trustees. This list is NOT sold to vendors. The only businesses that receive this list are hometown newspapers and companies that print the diplomas, announcements, and commencement programs and that furnish regalia.
- By submitting this application I am authorizing the Registrar's Office to include my name on the Candidate List include my name on the Candidate List posted on the Registrar's Office webpage unless I notify the Registrar's Office in writing no later than one week after submitting my application.